The Regional Economic Investment Strategy (REIS) recommends the TSRA focus its business assistance services on opportunities within three key industries. These ‘focal’ industries have been identified as presenting the best prospects to assess potential projects for business assistance.
The three focal industries are:
- Arts and Creative Industries
The Business Growth Packages are made up of a mix of financial (loan and grant funding), business and industry support services.
Support and funding will be tailored to the needs of successful applicants by:
- Providing business start-up grants on the basis that it will also assist businesses to access finance; and
- Procuring business support and mentoring services to help businesses through their first year or two of operation.
Applications from start-up and existing businesses related to the Fishing Industry or Arts and Creative Industries in the Torres Strait are invited to apply. This includes:
- New business start-ups who have done a lot of ground-work and are looking for additional seed/start-up capital to start a business; and
- Established businesses that have identified an opportunity to expand and require finance and/or business support.
Please click your relevant industry to continue: