Enhance the region’s wealth by managing and maintaining sustainable fishing industries and increasing employment and economic opportunities for our people.
- Progressing towards 100% Indigenous ownership of the region’s fisheries.
- Increasing capacity of Indigenous fishers to participate in commercial fishing.
- Supporting TSRA representation and community engagement in the Protected Zone Joint Authority (PZJA) management process.
- Managing lease-out of unused Torres Strait fisheries quotas.
- Supporting research into the sustainability and commercial use of Torres Strait fisheries.
- Assisting with community communication regarding fisheries issues in the region.
- Fact Sheet 1: Wapil 2
- Torres Strait Fisheries Exporter's Handbook: A step-by-step guide to understanding the language of the exporting process.
- Torres Strait Fisheries Guidebook: A guide that outlines the management arrangements in each of the Torres Strait commercial fisheries.
- Tropical Rock Lobster Cash-for-Kaiar video: a fishing technique video aimed at increasing awareness and building capacity of fishers in the TRL Fishery to get the best value for their catch.
- Fact Sheet: Torres Strait Bêche-de-mer fishery and black teatfish trial.
- Fact Sheet: Traditional Inhabitant Boat licences in the Torres Strait.
- Fact Sheet: Zenadth Kes Fisheries information
- History of the Torres Strait Commercial fisheries
- Newsletter September 2019
- Newsletter August 2018
- Newsletter July 2017