Kubin Community - Moa Island
- TSRA Board Member: Mr Saila Savage
- TSIRC Councillor: Mr David Bosun
- PBC Chair: Mr Cyril Manas
- TSRA Board Member Contact Details:
Telephone: 07 4069 0700
Facsimile: 07 4069 1879
- TSIRC Councillor Contact Details:
Telephone: 07 4069 4295
Facsimile: 07 4069 4272
- PBC Chair Contact Details:
Telephone: 0438 867 014
- Population: 162 (2011 ABS Census)
- Location: Western Group
Kubin Community is one of two communities on Moa Island. It is located on the south side of the Island, close to the airstrip.
Moa Island is the second largest island in the Torres Strait. Similar to surrounding islands, Moa is characterised by mounds of rock and is lightly vegetated and well watered.
There is one airstrip which services both Kubin and St Pauls communities.
The Kubin Regional Plan Community Booklet 2012 lists:
- the needs the community expressed in 2008 during consultations for the development of the Torres Strait and Northern Peninsula Regional Plan 2009-2029, and their status in 2012 (colour coded
red,orange or green), thus showing progress in filling gaps in service delivery
- the services delivered or available and accessible to the community and individuals across the Region
- contact details for government departments, agencies and programs.