The Torres Strait
- TSRA Board Member:
Member for Port Kennedy - Mrs Romina Fuji
Member for TRAWQ - Mr John Abednego
- TSC Councillor: Mr Pedro Stephen (Mayor), Mr Allan Ketchell, Mr John Abednego, Mr Willie Wigness
- PBC Chair:
- TSRA Board Member Contact Details:
Telephone: 07 4069 0700
Facsimile: 07 4069 1879
- TSC Councillor Contact Details:
Telephone: 07 4069 1336
Facsimile: 07 4069 1845
- PBC Chair Contact Details:
- Population: 2610 (2011 ABS Census)
- Location: Inner Island
Thursday (Waiben) Island is the administrative centre for the Torres Strait Islands and is administered by the Torres Shire Council.
The TSRA has two wards on Thursday Island. They are:
- Port Kennedy – which covers the community living on the north western side of Waiben.
- TRAWQ - which comprises of the communities found towards the northern side of the Island and includes the suburbs of Tamwoy, Rose Hill, Aplin, Waiben and Quarantine (TRAWQ).
- the needs the community expressed in 2008 during consultations for the development of the Torres Strait and Northern Peninsula Regional Plan 2009-2029, and their status in 2012 (colour coded red,orange or green), thus showing progress in filling gaps in service delivery
- the services delivered or available and accessible to the community and individuals across the Region
- contact details for government departments, agencies and programs.