What does the Tourism Industry
Growth Package look like?
Business Growth Package (BGP) funding and support is intended to assist Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal entrepreneurs or businesses in the Torres Strait Region to start or grow a commercially-viable business. This application round is specifically targeted at the Tourism Industry.
The tourism sector (industry) includes a diversity of individuals and organisations (businesses) that provide (sell) goods and services to visitors to the Torres Strait Region. It includes, for example:
- Short-term accommodation providers (hotels, motels, bed & breakfast accommodation providers);
- Travel services (such as travel agents, online tour booking companies, online tourist accommodation booking companies and guided tour operators);
- Transport services (e.g. ferry transfer service providers, chartered flight operators, scheduled air transport service providers, car hire companies, etc.);
- Those businesses involved in the selling of certain retail goods (such as souvenirs, art & craft, jewellery, etc.);
- Those businesses providing food services (including restaurants and cafes);
- Private operators providing visitor information services and materials (such as maps, information booklets, travel guides, etc.); and
- Privately operated cultural service providers such as museums and galleries.
To be successful, an applicant will need to meet all eligibility criteria, demonstrate that their business idea is (or has the potential to be)commercially-viable and provides value-add to the Tourism Industry in the Torres Strait Region. They will also need to demonstrate that they have the necessary skills to run the business.
The assessment of commercial viability may include recommendations for business support.
You will receive written notification from the TSRA about whether or not your application is successful and feedback can be provided upon request.
Applications opened on 2 July 2018.
Before submitting an application you should read:
- the Tourism Industry Business Growth Package Funding Application Kit; and
- the Tourism Industry Business Growth Package FAQ's.
Your application should be submitted either:
- Electronically by logging into the online application form, or
- Downloading an application form, completing it, and email it to email@example.com, or
- By printing the application form, completing it, and providing two unbound copies of your application to:
Economic Development Programme
Torres Strait Regional Authority
PO Box 261
Thursday Island QLD 4875
All enquiries relating to the application kit, or questions about the application process, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not have ready access to email, or are having difficulties completing, downloading or submitting the forms, you may telephone the Economic Development Program in the TSRA for assistance on (07) 4069 0700.