Sub site navigation
2020 Gab Titui Indigenous Art Award
Local Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal artists are invited to submit entries into the 2020 Gab Titui Indigenous Art Award and secure their chance to share in over $37,000 worth of prizes.
Entries open on Monday 30th September 2019 and close at 5pm (AEST) on Wednesday 22nd April 2020. The official Award Presentation and Exhibition Opening will be hosted at the Gab Titui Cultural Centre on Thursday 30th July 2020.
The Indigenous Art Award is the biggest event in Gab Titui Cultural Centre’s exhibition calendar; an event which has attracted attention from some of the nation’s leading cultural institutions and been enriched by the participation of Indigenous curators and artists in the judging process.
A new $2,000 Best Contemporary Jewellery Work Category is giving Indigenous beading and textile weavers more opportunity to enter their wearable artwork into the 2020 Gab Titui Indigenous Art Award.
2020 Gab Titui Indigenous Award Categories
- Gab Titui Indigenous Art Award Winner - $10,000 prize
- Gab Titui Indigenous Art Award Runner-up - $7,000 prize
- People’s Choice Award - $3,000 prize
- Best Two-Dimensional Work - $3,000 prize
- Best Three-Dimensional Work - $3,000 prize
- Best Craft Work - $3,000 prize
- Best Cultural Artefact - $3,000 prize
- Best Secondary Student Work - $500 prize
- Best Contemporary Jewellery Work (NEW CATEGORY) - $2,000 prize
- National Museum of Australia History Through Art Award - $2,000
- National Museum of Australia History Through Art Award – Secondary Student Work - $500 prize
- Entries are open to Torres Strait Islander and Aboriginal artists living in the Torres Strait or Northern Peninsula Area.
- Artists must be senior secondary school ages (Grade 10) or older.
- Artists may enter one work only.
- Artworks must have been made in the last 12 months.
- Artworks must be for sale and must not have been exhibited before.
Entry into the 2020 Gab Titui Art Awards is free. Please see competition Conditions of Entry for full details of eligibility.
Entries close 5pm Wednesday 22 April 2020.